Monday, July 28, 2008

Canada, eh?

This morning, some of us slept in until about 10:30. It was really the first time on the trip that we were able to relax in the morning without having to worry about a long car ride or having to get somewhere at a certain time. I even woke up a little earlier to do my laundry and catch up on emails. (Everyone else did their laundry last night because they weren't lazy.)


Gas in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

We had brunch at Cafe Zola -- a great brunch place in Ann Arbor (right "down the street" from University of Michigan). From there, we hit the road for the 4.5 hour drive to Niagara Falls.
We eventually arrive at the Falls around 8:00 pm -- just in time to catch the "lighting" of the Falls. I had been here before almost 10 years ago and somehow things seemed more touristy this time around. Maybe I've seen 'too much' in these last 10 days to be really impressed by the Falls -- but it is still a good sight to see and to have cap off this awesome roadtrip adventure.


Gas somewhere right before the Canadian border.

Crossing the U.S.-Canada border.

The Niagara Falls (I promise, it's there... behind us.)

Tomorrow, we head back to the river for a closer look at the Falls. We'll probably grab some lunch before heading off to Ithaca (home of Cornell University, some relatives, and a friend). I head to Newark on Wednesday afternoon... the final stop of this AWESOME adventure.

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Dora said...

I'm so jealous you were in Ann Arbor without me! One day I will have to go back with you to show you all my favorite places. :) Go Blue!

Gabe said...

Unlike the rest, we've never been to Ann Arbor before... Dora's going to have to play tour guide some day...

Unknown said...

I am living through your adventure -- I can't believe all the fun things you have seen, but then you never miss a detail isabel :) Drive safe - Linda